Almost 75 percent of your health and life expectancy is based on lifestyle, environment, and nutrition. Yet even if you follow a healthful diet, you are probably not getting all the nutrients you need to prevent disease. In What You Must Know About Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs and So Much More, Second Edition, Dr. Pamela Smith explains how you can restore and maintain health through the wise use of nutrients.
Part 1 of this easy-to-use guide provides the individual nutrients necessary for good health, including vitamins, minerals, herbs, fatty acids, amino acids, and beneficial substances such as CBD oil and cocoa. Part 2 then offers personalized nutritional programs for people with a wide variety of illnesses and disorders. Whether you want to maintain good health or you are trying to overcome a medical condition, What You Must Know About Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs and So Much More can help you make the best choices for the health and well-being of you and your family.
● Explains the need for and benefits of proper nutrition in easy-to-understand language
● Thoroughly describes the function and cautions of each recommended nutrient
● Offers the latest nutritional information for your most common health disorders
● Suggests optimum dosages and most effective supplement forms where appropriate
● Provides tips for increasing the body's absorption of vitamins and minerals
● Includes practical and helpful advice for dealing with a variety of medical situations