Don't Break the Bank: A Student's Guide to Managing Money (Paperback)
Peterson's Don't Break the Bank: A Student's Guide to Managing Money
Middle school and high school students spend more money than ever these days, but most have very little (if any) knowledge about personal finances. The truth is that most schools don't have time to teach a Personal Finance 101 course. So what are today's students (and their parents) to do? This well-written and user-friendly guide will help students learn everything they need to know about money.
In Peterson's Don't Break the Bank: A Student's Guide to Managing Money, readers will find such financially relevant and fascinating chapters as:
- All About Money
- Part-Time Jobs and Ways to Make Money
- Analyzing Your Paycheck
- Making Sense Out of Banking
- Online Banking and Bill Paying
- Saving for a Rainy Day
- Understanding Debt and Credit
- Charge It (Paying with Plastic)
- Don't Spend It All in One Place: Creating-and Sticking to-a Budget
- Money U: Managing Your Finances While in College
- Investing and How to Make Your Money Grow
Students and parents will also find:
- A student-friendly design, with short chapters, fun graphics, and insightful sidebars - quick and easy for busy students to read.
- Expert guidance on ways to make extra money, saving vs. spending, ways to budget, the ins and outs of credit and credit cards, financial aid and scholarships, and much more.
- Valuable advice from financial experts and from students, who share their own stories of economic woes and triumphs, and a
- Glossary of important financial terms to help teens succeed on their road to financial literacy.