The MECE Muse: 100+ Selected Practices, Unwritten Rules, and Habits of Great Consultants (Paperback)
"The MECE Muse is a 2018 Readers' Favorite Gold Medal Winner in the Non-Fiction - Business/Finance genre."
Award - Winner in the Business: Careers category of the 2018 International Book Awards
The MECE Muse is a Bronze Winner of the 2017 Wishing Shelf Independent Book Award and a playbook of how you too can become a great world-class business consultant
Great consultants possess a je ne sais quoi that are equal parts confidence, passion, technical acumen, purpose, and charisma. Great consultants are authentically imperfect; they take life by the reins and forge ahead with certainty no matter how complex a situation is, in an almost effortless way. Great consultants are humble yet make everyone around them step their game up. Great consultants take care of their people. Clients thank good consultants; clients are wowed by great consultants.
Management consultant Christie Lindor has quietly been on a mission to be the mentor she wishes she had earlier in her consulting career. With 15+ years of experience working at top management consulting firms, Christie is now sharing secrets of great consultants in this new consulting business book.
Christie conducted research by connecting with over 50 top consulting partners across 27 consulting organizations on what makes a great consultant, including thought leadership from 8 out of the top 10 consulting firms in the world. The MECE Muse is an insider's guide to consulting, providing invaluable insights and practical knowledge including unwritten rules, career strategies, in addition to interviews from top industry consulting leaders who relate their personal experiences and offer unique perspectives on building and maintaining a successful consulting career.
What you learn from The MECE Muse, an insider's guide to great consulting
- Secrets and stories from 50+ top consulting partners across 27 professional services organizations on how to be a great management consultant
- A historical primer of profession and skills you need for consulting of the future either working for yourself or working at top management consulting firms
- Why being ambitious and working hard is not enough to succeed in consulting
- Top ways you can hurt your personal brand without even realizing it
- How to become a trusted advisor for your clients
- Why you need a consulting career toolkit and how to build one whether you are in management consulting or an independent consultant
- How to create & sustain habits, skills, and experiences to become a great business consultant
Purchase The MECE Muse because it is an insider's guide to consulting, providing you with invaluable insights and practical knowledge including unwritten rules and career strategies on building and maintaining a successful consulting career.