Fail Fast, Learn Faster: Lessons in Data-Driven Leadership in an Age of Disruption, Big Data, and AI (Hardcover)
Explore why -- now more than ever -- the world is in a race to become data-driven, and how you can learn from examples of data-driven leadership in an Age of Disruption, Big Data, and AI
In Fail Fast, Learn Faster: Lessons in Data-Driven Leadership in an Age of Disruption, Big Data, and AI, Fortune 1000 strategic advisor, noted author, and distinguished thought leader Randy Bean tells the story of the rise of Big Data and its business impact - its disruptive power, the cultural challenges to becoming data-driven, the importance of data ethics, and the future of data-driven AI.
The book looks at the impact of Big Data during a period of explosive information growth, technology advancement, emergence of the Internet and social media, and challenges to accepted notions of data, science, and facts, and asks what it means to become data-driven.
Fail Fast, Learn Faster includes discussions of:
- The emergence of Big Data and why organizations must become data-driven to survive
- Why becoming data-driven forces companies to think different about their business
- The state of data in the corporate world today, and the principal challenges
- Why companies must develop a true data culture if they expect to change
- Examples of companies that are demonstrating data-driven leadership and what we can learn from them
- Why companies must learn to fail fast and learn faster to compete in the years ahead
- How the Chief Data Officer has been established as a new corporate profession
Written for CEOs and Corporate Board Directors, data professional and practitioners at all organizational levels, university executive programs and students entering the data profession, and general readers seeking to understand the Information Age and why data, science, and facts matter in the world in which we live, Fail Fast, Learn Faster p;is essential reading that delivers an urgent message for the business leaders of today and of the future.