Advancing in Tae Kwon Do (Paperback)
Originally published in 1983, this authoritative work has been the guide for thousands of Taekwondo Black Belts as they advanced in their training. Whether your training is for self-defense, forms competition, or for preparation for Olympic games, this newly revised edition provides beginner/intermediate to advance level training to assist you on your journey in Taekwondo.
- History, Philosophy, and Meditation.
- Hand and Foot Techniques.
- Sparring Techniques.
- Self-defense Techniques.
- Breaking Techniques.
- Nine Black Belt Forms - required for promotion by the World Taekwondo Federation, and used in sanctioned international Taekwondo competitions.
- Eight Taegeuk Forms - required for promotion of all color belts and 1st dan black belt, and used in sanctioned international Taekwondo competitions.
- Rules and regulations of the World Taekwondo Federation including sparring and poomsae competitions.
The popularity of Taekwondo is ever increasing. This is apparent in the tens of millions of practitioners worldwide, and by the inclusion of Taekwondo in the summer Olympic games. With all its popularity, it is paramount that the art be handed down in a clear, knowledgeable, and sustainable way - this book does just that.