Finding Washington: Why America Needs to Rediscover the Virtues of Her Most Essential Founding Father (Paperback)
With all the social, moral, and ethical turmoil in this country, what can Americans learn from George Washington that will help restore the values we hold so dear? In Finding Washington: Why America Needs to Rediscover the Virtues of Her Most Essential Founding Father, Richard Raines masterfully examines George Washington's life by retelling familiar stories and introducing stories most have never heard. Richard uses these historical accounts to identify virtues displayed by the first president and, through the use of humor, personal anecdotes, and social commentary, walks the reader through ways to revive these virtues in contemporary society.
In Finding Washington you will discover
- how Washington's biggest failure can help modern Americans,
- how Washington's choice of clothing said more than words could ever say,
- why Native Americans issued a prophecy about Washington,
- why Washington's choice to race toward the British alone reveals the type of character needed in modern culture, and
- how Washington stared down a would-be assassin and how his example of courage can inspire us.
Finding Washington: Why America Needs to Rediscover the Virtues of Her Most Essential Founding Father is essential reading for those desiring to turn the rising tide of immorality in America and revive the virtues exhibited by George Washington. Readers will laugh, think, and be inspired as Richard invites you to join him and a growing chorus of like-minded people on this journey towards cultural change.