We host many author events every year and feel strongly about supporting our community of writers by carrying their books and hosting events.
If you are interested in having an author event at our store, please note the following:
- We schedule our events at least 2-3 months in advance, so ideally you would be reaching out long before your book has been published.
- If you are a self-published author, please first review our consignment information before requesting an event. You must be traditionally published (i.e., books are easily available from our wholesalers or the publisher) or part of our consignment program to be considered for an event. Click here to read more about our consignment program. (Please note: Our consignment program is currently closed to new submissions)
- We host many types of events and will offer you the event that seems like the best fit for your book.
- We receive hundreds of event requests, so if an event does not seem like a good fit, or if we don't think we can gain an audience, we may decline to host an event at our stores. We are also much more likely to host events with people who have a direct connection to our community. If you aren't selected for an event at either of our stores, it likely has nothing to do with the book itself but rather the audience.
- Because of the amount of event requests we receive, we only host one event per book. We do not host events at both stores, but rather select the venue that makes the most sense for the author and their book.
- Our event manager will get back to you within two weeks with a response to your request. If it has been longer than two weeks, feel free to follow up with an email to email@example.com.