Savoy Bookshop & Café presents an open house book signing with local author Larry Shushansky (Independent Enough). This event is free and open to the public.
About the Book
There is nothing worse than being in a relationship where you feel estranged, distant, unloved, uncared for, or experience never ending tension and conflict. It eats away at your self-esteem, your physical and psychological well-being, as well as your overall satisfaction with life. Unfortunately, we have been taught many myths about obtaining happiness in relationships including:
• Find the “right” person, job, place to live, spiritual practice, business endeavor, lifestyle, or way of thinking, and you’ll be happy.
• Discovering your passion and purpose are the keys to happiness—once known your relationships will improve.
• Any good relationship requires compromise, and this will lead to your well-being.
• Loving yourself is the key to having a loving relationship.
• Good communication is the key to good relationships.
• Trust and respect are the core components to all good relationships.
While there are some kernels of truth in these myths, the reality is that in order to become happier in relationships you need to first develop characteristics within yourself that create the kinds of relationships you desire. This is the big secret to having satisfying relationships and Independent Enough will show you exactly how to accomplish this. The most meaningful and lasting changes do not come from pleasing others. They don't come about by what others do for us. They come from looking inside yourself and within the context of your relationships and determining what you really need to develop.
Larry Shushansky shares the secrets for creating the kinds of relationships you desire and deserve— regardless of what someone else is doing. Larry offers you a template for ending the craziness and pain that sometimes comes with relationships and will show you how to develop the internal resources needed for engaging in healthier, happier relationships.