FAQ- Virtual Events
Do I need to RSVP for all virtual events?
Yes— Our virtual events are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted— however, we do require registration for all virtual events, regardless of whether or not the event is ticketed. If an event is ticketed, tickets will be available for purchase both online or in our stores.
- Beginning in April 2021, all of our event ticketing and registration will be going through Eventbrite. The process to register for a virtual event is largely the same, you'll still need to input your name and email address to register for an event.
- You will now get two confirmation emails, one from Eventbrite that lets you know your registration has been successful, and another directly from Zoom with your link to join the event. If you registered in advance for the event, you should receive the access link within 24 hours of registering. If you don't please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event registrations will now close 30 minutes prior to the event so that we will be available to assist anyone who is having difficulty accessing the event.
- If you are having difficulties registering, or have further questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com
- You will see the option to purchase a $5 event ticket, as well as a ticket option that comes with a copy of the event book on all event pages moving forward:
- The $5 Event Ticket is a way to support our virtual events program, and you will receive an online-only gift code to our website for $5 following the event
- Purchasing an event book from an event is another great way to continue to support our virtual events program, and the authors who join us, so we are able to continue to bring you incredible programming. Thank you for your continued support of our bookstores.
How do I attend a virtual event?
Our virtual events are hosted on the Zoom platform, which many of us have become very familiar with in 2020. To attend an event on Zoom, you’ll need to first register for the event, and then ensure that you have the Zoom application installed on your computer. Learn more about using Zoom here.
What is your virtual event code of conduct?
Bank Square Books and Savoy Bookshop & Café have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment of any kind and expect that all virtual event attendees will engage in a respectful manner. By attending one of our virtual events, you agree to abide by these policies:
We will not tolerate disruptions, discrimination, or hate speech of any kind including (but not limited to): language or behavior that threatens, attacks, or intimidates; slurs, spam, or obscenities.
Expel any person(s) from the event.
Block and/or report the account.
Anyone can report harassment during an event. If you have witnessed or been subjected to this behavior, please privately message our account.
What if I can't attend an event? Will a recording be available to view at a later date?
We try to post the recordings of as many of our virtual events as possible to our youtube channel here.
How do I find out if an event is canceled?
Occasionally, events are canceled or postponed for reasons that are beyond our control. As soon as we have word that an event has been canceled, we will do everything in our power to notify people on our event calendar, on both the Savoy and Bank Square Books Facebook pages, and via our weekly event emails. Please check those channels before attending an event, or call our stores, to confirm that nothing has changed.
I purchased an event ticket but cannot attend. Can I get a refund?
Event tickets will be refunded on a case-by-case basis depending on the event and the venue. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund.
I'm an author and would like to be considered for an event at your store. What do I do?
At this point in time, our capacity for virtual events is fairly limited, and as much as we wish we could say yes to hosting every author who approaches us, it isn’t feasible. We will do our best to catalog your requests and accommodate them as they make sense with our events program. Thank you for understanding.
We love supporting local authors! Please email our event manager Anastasia Soroko at email@example.com to request more information about our event program. Please include information about your book, including ISBN and publisher information, plus a little bit about yourself. We tend to schedule our events at least three months in advance, so please reach out well before the publication of your book, if possible. If you are a self-published author, please first see information about our consignment program here.